Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tanner turns 8 and get's baptized

What a very special day this was for our family. The spirit was very present and we had many of our close friends and family (Grandma and Grandpa Giles) to share it with us. Many kind words were spoken to Tanner and my heart melted as I agreed with all the nice compliments he was given. He really is a sweet and kind hearted boy. The program also included a wonderful talk by our dear friend, Ashley Morris, on baptism. I was privileged to talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost. Our neighbor and dear friend , Jake Lane, played the piano while Blake, Tanner, Sydney and Courtney sang "If the Savior Stood beside me". Mike, Dan Morris, Tom Moore, Tom Macdougal, and Greg Bashaw sang "How Great Thou Art". Mike baptized Tanner while Grandpa Giles Confirmed him and gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost.

It was a spiritual day and our hearts were full of Love and Joy for Tanner and especially for Our Savior and the wonderful blessing of Baptism.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I just found your blog from Tracy's. How can Tanner possibly be 8? Time sure flies. You still look exactly the same. It's been a long time since my Maryland days!

I love your family pics.

If you want to say hello, I'm at thefabfowlerfive.blogspot.com

It was fun to look at your cute family!